Phew!! What a week?! I have been totally absent from the blogging world this week. I'm always wedding planning (this is never ending), I have begun my LAST (yay!!!) 2 courses so I can graduate with my Masters in Special Education, and I have been juggling report cards, staff meetings, contract negotiations, etc. So needless to say, my poor blog was cast to the side.
Enough ranting, on to my week, I am so excited to share 5 random tidbits and to be linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching!
1. My cuties have been learning about the Southeast Region of the United States. This week they have been working on their Southeast Region centers (part of my Southeast Region Unit). They travel from the memory game station, to the computer station where they play States and Capitals game (the link will take you to my website with the game links), and the map station.
2. After school (as my fellow teacher bloggers know, school doesn't end at 3), on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I have been tutoring this little cutie. She is having difficulty with learning her phonics and sight words, so I have been using a great program to support her needs. The program is quick, mapped out, comes with some of the materials, and its FREE, what more can I say! Since I have begun using this program with her, I have seen a tremendous turn around in her spelling and DIBELS scores. It may not be for everyone, but my cutie and I both love it!
3. I love being a teacher, but I have NEVER loved giving spelling tests. It can be difficult to give spelling tests when you are trying to balance 3-5 differentiated spelling lists. So this year, I have started using Spelling City to give my students their spelling tests. I love that every child can work at their own pace, listen to the words as many times as they need, and that I get a print-out immediately following their completion with their scores and mistakes. I will NEVER go back to doing spelling tests the old way!
4. This week, I finished my newest font Teachanista Chalk. I love it! If you love it too, feel free to download it for FREE! As always, I give you permission to use it for personal or commercial use, but please link back to my blog with credit.
5. While I currently live in VT, my heart is always in Colorado. Its where I was born and raised. Luckily, I get to make many trips out, since my Dad, Sister, and nieces live out there still. This week, my mom and gram traveled to visit with my sister and nieces. As many of you know, I'm getting married this summer and my mom and gram decided to use their trip to take my youngest niece flower girl dress shopping. This was the picture they sent to me!! She is absolutely adorable and I admittedly teared up when I saw this. Can't wait to celebrate with such a beautiful sweet little girl...I'm soo lucky!!