Friday, December 28, 2012

Chair Pocket Project (Part 1) & Freebie

Let me begin by saying "Thank You" to Sharon from Teaching with Sight for officially welcoming back to the blogging world! Your support is so appreciated and I will be emailing you with a sweet treat as my Thank You to you!

After blog stalking and exploring many Chair Pocket options, I settled on Home Depot Chair Pockets. I was most inspired by Ladybug's Teacher Files 2 part chair pocket project. Her advice and thoughts gave me the courage to attempt this project.

Part 1 of this project was to create labels and purchase the Home Depot Nail Aprons (Feel free to click on the image below to learn more about the Home Depot Nail Aprons and check you store inventory) . A few days ago, I popped into my nearest Home Depot in search of the nail aprons. I found the nail aprons with help from an employee, who ultimately ended up donating the nail aprons to my classroom. I will be sure to send my thanks to such a caring and supportive store! (Home Depot - I hope you know that your donations are what keeps the teacher world going!)
After purchasing the chair pockets, I was eager to create labels to cover the Home Depot logo...it really isn't my style :) I settled on the design you see below...

In honor of the end of my hiatus, you can pick up my Editable Home Depot Chair Pocket Labels for FREE!



I am linking up with the Teaching Blog Addict's Freebie Friday! It's a must see blog filled with so many amazing freebies!!




Stay tuned for Part 2...


4 comments:

DFrideley said...

I would like to see a final product. I'm always looking for something new to hold supplies. This year I did baskets and they work well for the most part, but I have to keep my chairs in groups. Sometimes I'd prefer partners or groups of 3.

I just love your blog design. It is honestly what drove me to get a design from HoneyBunch. It is "my style". Of course, my blog design is more fun and playful than I anticipated, but sometimes it's good to step outside the box I keep myself inside.

This Little Piggy Reads Alll the Way Home

Caralee DeHerrera said...

Hi Deniece! Part 2 will walk you through the process of putting the chair pockets together and the final product. I hope it helps provide you with a better visual. I am so much like you...I am always looking for a new and better way to organize and manage materials!

I am thrilled to know you love my design, as much as I do! Honey Bunch Designs was so amazing to work with and even created something better than I could have imagined. I love your design, as well. It suits your blog perfectly (I am glad you stepped outside the box)!

Caralee

Mrs. M said...

Love this idea. I have seen it before but can't wait to see your part 2. Great job! I am your newest follower!

Amy
Mello’s Memos

Caralee DeHerrera said...

Amy, I am glad you like the idea. As soon as I discovered this option, I knew it was the one for me. I needed something affordable, as well as purposeful. I will be posting about Part 2 tomorrow, so stay tuned.

P.S. Thank you for becoming a new follower. Each new follower means so much to me! :)

Caralee

Pin It button on image hover